Do's & Dont's
MATERIAL HANDLINGS, STORAGE & SAFETY GUIDELINES FOR COATED STEEL COILS / SHEETS
This material handling, storage & safety data sheet is applicable for Pre-painted / AI-Zn Alloy coated / Galvanised steel products under the following instructions after the shipment from ALFA STEEL. AlfaSteel's recommendations on the handling of Alfa Pre-painted / AI-Zn Alloycoated / Galvanised productsteelcoils, sheetforroofing / building / cladding construction / installation.
- Handling: Alfa Pre-Painted / AI-Zn Alloy coated / Galvanised steel product should be handled with properequipments during loading & offloading of the material. Le., Forklift, Crane. C hooks, Nylon Belts. High tensile straps cutter etc. Material should be properly lashed, chocked & covered for transportation. Coils handling should be very smooth without any rapid shock during lifting movement from one place to another place. Pre-painted coils should not be rolled on floor.
- Safety wares like helmet,hand gloves,shoes should b eworn by material handling personne.
- Storage: Alfa Pre-painted / AI-Zn Alloy coated / Galvanised steel product, if not required for immediate use, should be neatly sacked (sheets or coils) clear or ground without any water seepage inside. In case the material is left in open, it should be protected from rain and moisture with tarpaulins or similar covers and stacked at an angle to assist drainage.
- The polythene used to wrap the pack is not suitable for prolonged exposure in the open since sunlight modifies its properties.
- Forming: Equipment should be clean so that any oil / grease or foreign particle does not come in contact with the pre-painted surface. Sheets should not be dragged over other sheets or equipment surfaces.
- Any debris or surplus items such as fasteners, iron drill particles to be carefully removed each day after completion of installation work Le. swarf, surplus items such as fasteners to be removed from work place.
- In case of material with protective film, the film should be removed immediately during the installation.
- Durability of product is subjected to environment conditions in surrounding atmosphere at installation site.